It’s Spring, which of course means that, if you haven’t already, it is time to start making your grand Spring Cleaning plans again! Yay! Before you decide that you might want to hit me, I’m only smiling on the outside, trust me. I am definitely team “Procrastinate that plan for as long as possible“.
But just like every year, I have the best of intentions for my cleaning and organizing goals this Spring, (that would be my husband chuckling in the background. He loves me despite my lack of homemaker skills). Anyway, I have committed to creating simple and manageable steps towards my dreams of a sparkling and tightly run home that I will someday achieve. My first step, and my task for this week has been to get organized and luckily, I do not have to go it alone! There are so many amazing blogs out there full of READY MADE resources for getting your home and your life organized- it is really exciting!
Here are my votes for the top 10 blogs that are a MUST if you are in the market for some home organization!
1. i heart organizing is such a cute blog that is so full of resources, galleries and free printables to help you get your home and life on the path to organization! Some of the printables she offers are so incredibly drool-worthy. I wish that I was that creative! I love this post on laundry (*cringe) and laundry room ( * double cringe) organization. She writes a very simple post with a lot of helpful suggestions that are easily put into practice without having to channel Martha Stewart (which doesn’t seem to be within my skill set), or… it could be that I just enjoyed staring longingly at the photos of her nice, clean, well- labeled laundry room with quiet envy in my heart… either way, I logged a few hours on her blog!
2. A Bowl Full of Lemons is a pretty amazing site as well. If the clean design and the obviously awesome taste in color scheme does not draw you in, the simple, straight forward content and lovely photography is sure to. Check out this post on organizing the guest bathroom. Yes- to everything in this bathroom! And this 31 day purge, which was written last year, but can still boast pure awesomeness.
3. Organizing Made Fun. Yeah, the name made me wary at first, but she really does make it kinda fun. This blog is fantastic! First of all, it is highly organized and easy to navigate (go figure) and her posts are super engaging and motivational! She made me actually want to start getting things done. Her series, 31 Days to Cheaply Organize Your House (hmm, apparently 31 is the magic number when organizing?) is pretty great. Every day she shares a new crafty, yet thrifty idea for storage and repurposing items you already have.
4. Organized Charm is a great blog by a self described, “graduate student, kindergarten teacher, and southern girl who believes in making life as bright, cheery, and orderly as possible!” She has great tips for staying organized that are simple and no nonsense, which I love. Uncomplicated.. sign me up for that! I love her post about Incoming Paper Organization. I have a serious problem with my desk perpetually drowning in ungodly amounts of paper, so this post was perfect! I love that she is also a student, so she has some great tips on keeping up an organized study schedule as well.
5. Deliciously Organized. Okay, so I am seriously loving this blog! The posts in her organize archive are glorious! If ever there was a one stop shop for all of your organizational needs, this is it. I can’t even choose my favorite post so I vote all of them. You need to visit this blog- when you have some serious time on your hands- actually, just bookmark it! You’re welcome.
6. Arianna Belle the Blog. If you are organizing o n a budget, this admittedly may not be the most relevant resource. But once the exhaustion of all of the practical organizational plans sets in and you are in need of browsing through some mouth watering organizational project galleries and stylish storage inspiration to kick your motivation into high gear, so basically organizational eye candy, you found it! Check out her closet organization post! Sigh.
7. Clean and Scentsible. This blog has also made its way onto my bookmark bar. Full of great ideas tips and super helpful how-to posts, I love her super crafty approach to organization. My absolute favorite find of the week is her 2015 blog series, The Household Organization Diet which is a support driven organizational plan for your home and your life that includes a new link each month to specific project ideas, tips and how-to’s. This is a great way to make long term organizational goals and a realistic and motivational platform that helps you stick with them!
8. OrgJunkie This is a great blog for those like me who find the whole process of organization a little overwhelming. She is one of those self professed, “organizational junkies” that realizes that not everyone loves organizing! She has a great Learn to Organize link that walks you through getting started and then sticking with it.
Quick Note >>
As a former homeschool mom, I have a special place in my heart for others who have taken on the task. This is my first year not homeschooling and it has been bitter-sweet. I can definitely say that there are a few guardian angel home school momma’s out there who have a serious gift for organization and have decided to bless the world by sharing that gift via their blogs. These two final blogs are two that I can honestly say, helped me survive my last couple of years of homeschooling. Managing the education of three children, all different grade levels, a home and my freelance photographer business was a lot- too much in fact for me, which is why some changes were made. Anywhoo- these two bloggers astound me! They are organizational geniuses. I am pretty sure they are not from this planet because if they are, I need some of whatever super pill they have access to!
9. Organizing Homelife is a beautiful blog by a homeschool mom who literally does it all. She is amazing. She always has fantastic giveaways and new product reviews and of course, her organizational tutorials and printable materials are to die for!
10. Confessions of a Homeschooler makes my list of top five favorite blogs ever. I think half of my bookshelves are full of all of the incredible printables I have acquired from this blog. This amazing blog and Erica, the incredibly talented homeschool mom and superwoman who runs it, were featured in the September issue of SDE Magazine last year, because she and her blog are that awesome. Erica has some serious organizational mojo. Her piles and piles… and piles of HOME MADE curriculum, her tons of product reviews, her awesome giveaways and her copious amounts of organizational tools are all well worth the visit, but you can not visit her blog without stopping by her printables shop. Seriously, it is un-matched! If you love printables, your life is not complete until you have visited Confessions of a Homeschooler.
What are your favorite blogs? I would love to hear your suggestions. Tell me about them in the comments section below.