A roman blind is a stylish and elegant solution for windows, but you will be surprised to know how versatile they are. These blinds are basically created from panels of fabric that tend to extend till the length of the window. The design can either be in the shape of a teardrop, where distinct curves are formed when the fabric gathers or put up in neat folds, and this gives it its subtle and sophisticated appeal. The blinds can be lowered and raised to any position in order to control the heat or light that gets into the room.
Since, the roman blinds are created from a wide range of fabrics and are manufactured in various styles and sizes you’ll find the perfect one that suits your preferences. Moreover, they can even be installed on sliding doors as well. The teardrop style blind is excellent for bedrooms or other areas of the room where you want to emphasize on elegance, while flat fold blinds are great for a simple or contemporary look at the living or dining area.
What Makes Roman Blinds So Popular?
There are five reasons that have kept these blinds popular.
1. Beauty & Elegance: These blinds deliver an amazing blend of beauty with elegance, and thus make it a part of your daily life. Put it simply, the ordinary look of your windows will be transformed into a work of art only with the use of simple blinds. This not only enhances the interiors of your home but at the same time makes it the star attraction of the space.
2. Adds value to home: If you are planning to sell your house and aspire to get maximum benefit from it then a good idea is to improve the house with some blinds. What this does is: it captures the attention of potential buyers in no time, who realize the importance of your property and allows you to sell it quickly at better prices.
3. Great Privacy: Staying away from the hustle and bustle of city life is not that easy. However, roman blinds can help you achieve it. These blinds offer optimal privacy and reduce high noise levels, so that you can live in a calm and peaceful environment. This is extremely important, when you are trying to get some sleep, studying or working on an important project.
4. Brilliant Insulation: People spend a lot for insulating their home from each and every corner. Despite of that they are unable to achieve the desirable results. The main reason behind this is that the windows and poor seal lets the cool or warm air from the indoors get away and this increases heating and cooling expenses. To avoid such scenarios, it is best to have roman blinds installed in windows.
5. Enhances Comfort and Convenience: The blinds are designed such that you can use them conveniently. Most of the blinds have a motorized system that allows you to lower or raise the blinds with the help of a remote, whereas the manual blinds come with pull string counterparts, where you either pull or release the string for adjusting them.
Fabrics of Roman Blinds for Windows
The roman blinds are crafted using several types of fabric, such as
• Lighting filtering fabrics
• Blackout fabrics
• Sheet fabrics
• Wood weave
• Faux suede
• Translucent fabrics
When it comes to style, elegance and beauty in one element there cannot be a better match to the roman blinds.
This guest post was written by Molly Crowe, an expert writer and blogger.
She shares her experience by providing innovative and useful information about Roman Blinds which help readers to get more ideas on home improvement.